What Is In My Current 'Everyday Makeup' Bag ?

Leave a Comment




As I am a makeup artist, you would expect me to wear perfectly blended eyeshadow, wear wispy false eyelashes, wear highlighter to blind 'haters' daily 24/7 but I really only do that for special occasions. Over the past year, I have really grown to really accept myself and I actually prefer myself with less makeup and focussing on enhancing my key features, not hiding them. In my teenage years, I was SO insecure with how I looked and by that, I'd hide my eyes with gallons of black eyeliner and try and hide my face in backcombed messy hair. I question why I did this; looking back at photos I cringe so bad. I cringe more at how I thought I didn't look good enough, where now I've really grown to like how I look. That doesn't make me vain at all, which I'm not and never have been,  It just bites backs at media continuously telling us all that we aren't good enough. Media teaches us that we aren't good enough and if someone casually mentions they love themselves or happy with how they look, they are instantly portrayed as 'vain' or 'up themselves', which is really not the point! We should ALL reach that day where we are happy and content with ourselves.You are going to be in your body for the rest of your entire life so you might as well be on the journey to accept yourself and your flaws.

For an everyday look I like to keep it really subtle and quick as I don't have much time anymore! These products are what I generally use daily for the past few months <3!

MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER-  I have been using this concealer for the past few months on any imperfections and to brighten and conceal my under eye dark circles! It has amazing medium to high coverage; it covers dark circles, scars, blemishes, veins redness and pretty much anything you throw at it. It does the job and is very long lasting, however one little down side it the glass bottle; I am always scared to drop it and for to smash! Never the less, it is something I highly recommend for you to try out.

LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA CUSHION FOUNDATION AND LANCOME CUSHION BLUSH SUBTIL CREAM BLUSHER- I have been using this foundation and blusher for the past few months religiously! I wrote a blog post about these babies a few months ago, read about it HERE

MAC FIX+ SPRAY -I can't recommend this product enough! It makes such a different to your make-up look! I use this not for my makeup to last ,but to mould it all together right at the end. Sometimes when you use foundation, contour, bronzer, blusher and highlighter on the skin it can look quite patchy but my using this spray it blends it all together for you and gives you a nice dewy complexion! It is really good for prepping the skin too by applying it before your foundation and concealer.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY FILMSTAR BRONZE AND GLOW -Oh my gosh this has SERIOUSLY changed my life.Although is on the pricey side, it completely sculpts, highlight and perfects my face in a few sweeps! I wrote a blog post all about a while back HERE ! To be honestly it's totally worth the money I paid.

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS DIP BROW-  I bought this ages ago and I still have a lot left as a little goes a long way! I apply this to my brows with an angled brush! It is amazing for adding fullness to my brows and to outline the brow's silhouette. Less is truly more with this, otherwise the formula can look too cakey or waxy on the brows. It lasts all day and it definitely the answer to your perfect brow dreams!

MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL LUCIOUS MASCARA- Seriously if you have not tried this then WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN GURL? I've moved over from my £20 Benefit They're Real mascara to this which is half the price and achieves volumised, dramatic eyelashes which is everything I expect in a mascara! Maybellines Lash Sensational range are the best mascaras I have ever used hands down<3.

EYELASH CURLERS-  I don't even know where I bought these curlers but I think they should be in any girls/guys make-up kit! As Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury would say ''They are like a push up bra for the lashes''.

MAC PIGMENT IN 'VANILLA'-  I use this for everything whether that's for highlighter,inner corners, eyeshadow base etc. I love to use this in the inner corners of my eyes to really open them up and to make my eyes look brighter! The colour 'Vanilla' is a very popular shade I feel.

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH LIPSTICK IN 'CORAL IN GOLD' This is a beautiful coral subtle lip colour which suits my olive complexion so much! I receive so many compliments wearing this lipstick a lot of people saying It looks very radiant! I feel like this will suit most skin tones!




Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment